Consultant Margaux Chaix
Date posted 10 January 2019 2019-01-102019-03-11 fmcg Lagos NG USD 3000 4000 4000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Responsible for the overall supplier management program within the Business Unit. This is a high profile position with significant influence and interaction with Ingredient, Packaging and Sales and Marketing Equipment Suppliers as well as Global Subject Matter Experts and Corporate GP&T Platform Leaders, to ensure business is not constrained from a material supply continuity perspective. This position also interacts with the highest levels in the various bottling operations.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- By working collaboratively with the Technical Leadership of the various Suppliers, the Bottler Procurement, Quality Assurance and Packaging Managers, Global Testing Laboratories, Global Subject Matter Experts representing Quality and Packaging, BU QSE Managers and 3rd party audit organizations. Specifically,
- By developing a long term plan in collaboration with the Business Unit Stewardship Manager to achieve the BU Strategy and Business Plan on Supplier performance and implementation of international management systems in all ingredient, packaging and Sales and Marketing Equipment suppliers. This requires assessing the progress being made and designing the appropriate interventions to achieve the goals.
- By developing, recommending and publishing Technical Bulletins, relevant procedures, standards and requirements. This is done in collaboration with the BU KORE & Systems Manager, Franchise Technical Managers, Supply Chain and Commercialisation Managers and GP&T
- By recommending the authorizations and changes to approval status for new ingredient, packaging and sales and marketing equipment suppliers as well as suppliers of processing aids and auxiliary materials to the Business Unit Stewardship Manager.
- By providing expertise and consultancy to the various stakeholders. This is the position that everyone looks to for coaching and mentoring on Supplier Management.
Supplier Performance Management
• Ensure all Company and Local Regulations, KORE Policies, Requirements and Standards are clearly addressed in the quality programs of the suppliers. Report and implement relevant corrective actions for any deviations. This includes FSSC 22000.
• Ensure suppliers are compliant to Supplier Guiding Principles (SGP) / internationally recognized ethical sourcing principles.
• Monitor the supplier’s performance against The Companies routine sample requirements.
• Review the supplier’s quality performance to ensure that they adhere to The Company’s policies and standards. Report variations and solutions to the Business Unit Technical Director and BU QSE Manager.
• Follow up and verify close out of all non-conformances against which corrective action was requested.
• Develop and execute supplier quality improvement initiatives.
• Actively request information regarding supplier service levels and quality incidents within the bottler and assist with the close out of the corrective action.
• Manage changes to the approval status of existing suppliers.
• Annually, prepare and publish a supplier audit schedule as per the BU procedure.
• Manage the external audit companies used for supplier audits and provide training.
• Ensure the supplier audits are performed as per the supplier audit schedule, update as necessary.
• Review all audit reports and ensure corrective action plans are being implemented in a timely manner.
• Track progress and coach the responsible supplier people to achieve compliance.
• Manage the annual budget for supplier audits.
New Supplier Approval
• On request and within the business requirements of the BU, manage the authorization of new ingredient packaging and sales and marketing equipment suppliers as per the relevant KORE requirements.
• On request from the bottler and s per the relevant technical bulletin authorize suppliers of processing aids and auxiliary material.
• Provide recommendation to the BU Technical Director and BU QSE manager concerning the approval status of the new supplier.
• Publish authorization letters to the suppliers confirming the approval status.
Suppler Capability Building
• Build capability within the BU concerning supplier partnership, by working with the relevant Bottler Procurement and Quality Assurance Managers, BU QSE Managers and supplier technical management.
• Recommend all policies, governance related technical bulletins and certification criteria on supplier management to the BU QSEy Manager and BU Technical Director.
• Maintain all relevant records