Head of Sea Freight
Consultant Marc Abrahamson
Date posted 01 April 20192019-04-01 2019-05-31 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Nairobi Nairobi KE USD 6000 9000 9000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com
The Head of Sea Freight will be responsible for running the entire division with a focus around operational efficiency and continuous improvement. As part of the management team, you will play an integral role in the broader strategy formulation and ensure the successful implementation thereof.
- Provide leadership and strategy across the team
- Ensuring Operational Excellence and oversee the day-to-operations
- P&L, Budget, Staff
- Monitor and report key performance indicators
- Uphold strategy and values of the company
- Work closely with the broader management team
- Experience across East Africa within Air Freight
- Relevant tertiary education
- Excellent customer care and communication skills
- 3+ years in management positions
- Microsoft Office, Excel
With a background ideally in sales, you will have a hands-on approach and be able to attend sales pitches with the sales managers to ensure that there is a strong link between the divisions to ensure deadlines are met and expectations are exceeded.
The position demands that you are well presented and articulate with a thick skin. The company values of integrity and honesty will always need to be upheld and you may be required to work at odd hours that are sometimes needed in a 3rd world environment.
If operational excellence, sales, and high performance is what you are about, please apply to the position or send you CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org