Operations Logistics Manager
Consultant Duke Mathebula
Date posted 22 July 20192019-07-22 2019-09-20 agriculture-fishing-and-forestry Venture Corporate Services Limited, Level 3, Tower 1, Nexteracom Towers, Cybercity, Ebene, 72201 Mauritius Venture Corporate Services Limited, Level 3, Tower 1, Nexteracom Towers, Cybercity, Ebene, 72201 Mauritius MU ZAR 350000 400000 400000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our client is a global player with operation across Europe, Africa and The Idian Oceans Islands, which specializes in supplying industrial and agricultural chemicals Is looking to appoint an operations Logistics Manager, to be based in the Indian Island Oceans.
Our client is a global player with operation across Europe, Africa and The Indian Oceans Islands, which specializes in supplying industrial and agricultural chemicals Is looking to appoint an operations Logistics Manager, to be based in the Indian Island Oceans.
- The Logistics Manager will be required to handle technical details relating to possibly international transportation, such as customs regulations and any necessary documentation.
- You will be required to efficiently evaluate the costs of transportation, services and inventory within any budget or distribution strategy.
- The Logistics Manager must have a knowledge of national and international import/export legislation and must be able to effectively troubleshoot any issues that may arise in international freight transportation.
- You must also build relationships with Logistics mediators and work closely with package engineers to ensure the protection of freight in transportation.
- For a Logistics Manager, documentation and organisation is important – any changes to operating procedures, prioritisation or any problems must be documented and communicated accurately.
- Strong understanding of sales and Insurance/ terminals and trucking.
- You must be educated to degree level and may also be required to hold any relevant qualifications
- fluency In English and French both written and spoken (Russian would be an added advantage) Not a must
- A Logistics Manager must have effective communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks all with an attention to fine detail.
- Negotiation skills are important to success as a Logistics Manager since national and international communication is a pivotal part of the job.
- You must be numeric and be able to demonstrate an understanding of basic accountancy to successfully fulfil the role of Logistic Manager.
- You will be able to use the Microsoft Office Suite.
If you are ready to take your career to the next step and have met the above requirements then apply today!