A Learning & Development Manager
Learning and development is a sought-after area of the HR jobs market. But what does a head of learning and development role involve? We speak to a Learning & Development Manager at a leading law firm in Kenya to find out.
What does your current role involve?
My role is often seen internally as someone who delivers training but this is only one aspect of my role. I also:
- Conduct job analysis, review appraisal forms and consult with departmental heads and partners to determine training needs.
- Develop, participate and deliver induction, mentorship and coaching programs.
- Manage training costs and report on ROI.
- Manage employee professional development programs.
- Assist the recruitment manager with employee performance appraisal.
Skills HR professionals would need in your job
You’ll need a clear specialist background in learning and development. You will also to be a strategic thinker .who can work independently as well as have strong people management and presentation skills. It helps to have an in depth knowledge of the legal industry and to be able to liaise with people at all levels of seniority.
How much can a learning & development manager earn in Kenya?
A learning & development manager can earn anywhere between USD $75k - $100k in Kenya, depending on the level of experience and size of the organisation.
Know your worth, download the Robert Walters Salary Survey
For more career advice please contact:
Samantha Gravett, Manager
+27 (0) 11 881 2471